This year’s workshop is scheduled for April 30th – May 5th. It is hard to believe that this will be our 13th Focal Point. The work, sacrifice, love, and effort that this church has put into this amazing week has yielded much fruit for the Lord and His church.
If you are new to University, the goals for Focal Point include the edification, education, and encouragement of those dedicated to Bible study, ministry, and the future of the Lord’s church. It is a workshop aimed at encouraging and strengthening those who preach the Gospel and others who have made the work of the church a priority in their lives.
To accomplish this goal, it takes a total team effort from the entirety of the University congregation. We are trying to get ahead of the game this year and to be little more organized leading up to this week. Here are a few ways that you can help and areas where we will need volunteers before and during Focal Point. Please be listening to announcements and checking which areas wherein you can be a blessing to others. Here are some points of interest and involvement…
- A complete schedule is now available in printed form on the tables in the foyer. For an electric copy, just follow this link: www.shorturl.at/hqtEN
- On Sunday, March 20th (immediately following Bible class) there will be a meeting to discuss children’s Bible classes for the workshop. This is something new that we want to offer. Attending the meeting will not obligate you to help, but we do want your ideas and feedback on this new aspect of our program.
- Jana O’Banon will be heading up our lunches on Monday-Wednesday. She will need help with all aspects of this massive undertaking. Needs will include cooking and/or bringing food, setup, serving, and clean up each day.
- Josh Moore will be in charge of annex setup for lunch each day. This task requires a team of helpers in the hour before lunch and the hour after lunch. In the past, all who were here and who were available simply pitched in and helped. Please let Josh know if you want to be a part of that effort.
- As we have done in the past, we will need bottles of water and cans of Sprite, Coke, Diet Coke, Dr. Pepper, and Diet Dr. Pepper. We will also need individual wrapped snacks.
- We will need airport drivers to shuttle our speakers to and from the airports in both San Antonio and Austin. If someone is willing, we are looking for a transportation coordinator for the week. If you are interested, please let Wayne know.
- This year we would like for someone to head up making coffee for the mornings and keeping up with the coffee throughout the day. That person would not have to make it all, but he or she could make sure someone is scheduled to take care of that. Let Wayne know if that interests you.
- We are also seeking monetary donations to help offset the costs of speaker lodging and food for the week.